Informed UX through goal directed design.
I use goal directed design principles to formulate a complete UX strategy, taking the guesswork out of building a great user experience. I approach UX design from an “inside out” perspective. Utilizing proven qualitative research methods, I am able to discern use patterns and gain deeper insights into user goals.
THE WORK I DO
- Research competitor products and UI design trends
- Conduct product owner and stakeholder interviews to determine business goals
- Negotiate technical requirements with product owners, developers, and project managers to determine interaction pattern guidelines, extent of usability testing, and scope of interactive prototypes
- Analyze quantitative site data from Adobe Analytics to determine conversion and acquisition metrics
- Partner with system analysts and product owners to articulate user stories, create low fidelity mock ups, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Create customer journey maps with input from product owner and analysts to help pinpoint MVP product features
- Contextual interviews with primary users in order to distill use patterns and environmental concerns
- Create interactive prototypes for stakeholder review and usability testing
- Design interactive patterns and components
- Create high fidelity designs and mock ups
- Over 15 years of professional design experience with expertise in most graphic software – along with extensive UI development experience in HTML and CSS
- Facilitate design concepts in a whiteboard context with UI designers, product owners, and developers
Client Project Highlights
A design overhaul of the agent web portal and the consumer mobile app.
- A complete design overhaul of the Stillwater agent web portal. Key features include enhanced search, contextual alerts and ‘at-a-glance’ customer management – review the Web Portal case study
- Design of the consumer mobile app providing consumers the ability to file a first notice of loss from their mobile device – see wireframes
A redesign of existing consumer and commercial banking and credit card web and mobile apps.
- Designed page templates and navigation patterns for consumer and commercial banking domains
- Initiated the practice of usability testing to provide objective metrics around design decisions – check out the Balance Transfer case study or the Account Selector case study
- Designed mobile app for consumer banking and commercial – see wireframes
Managed orthopaedic marketing SEM keyword product
- Oversaw and managed the development of an online tool that enhances client SEM by switching online appointment phone numbers with special 800 phone numbers on a client website which could be tracked and analyzed. With this tool, clients are able to know exactly how customers are searching for their business and which search terms are most profitable – learn more